Snoozing your alarm dangerously close to the time you’re meant to leave the house and constantly snacking on chocolate? It could be time to quit your job.
Indeed, according to new research, there’s ten tell-tale signs that you’re heading for burnout and need to change your career.
Eating more comfort food than usual was named the biggest sign you are in need of a break.
There’s ten tell-tale signs that you’re heading for burn-out and need to change your career – so how many can you tick off?
Your sleeping patterns are also one of the most obvious hints that you need time off.
If you hit snooze on the morning alarm one too many times and oversleep more than once a week, experts say it’s time to re-think your routine.
Other obvious signs include being jealous at the sight of a friend’s holiday snaps, not being able to face your to-do list and finding yourself perusing your holiday pictures over and over again.
Other blindingly obvious signs that you need a break include drinking tonnes of tea and coffee and struggling to even muster the energy to make small talk with your colleagues.
If you spend hours daydreaming, this is also a giveaway that you’re headed for burnout, as well as entering a room and then forgetting what you went in there for.
TEN SIGNS YOU NEED A BREAK
- Eating more comfort food than usual
- You get jealous seeing friend’s pictures of their holiday or break
- You spend more time daydreaming than doing your actual day job
- You can’t face your to-do list
- You find yourself looking at old travel pictures over and over again
- You hit snooze on the morning alarm one too many times
- You can no longer muster the will to make small talk at work
- You enter a room and can’t remember what you went in there for
- You drink more tea/coffee than usual to help you get through the day
- You oversleep more than once a week
Research carried out on behalf of Holiday Inn Express